Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Painted And Glazed China Cabinet

We bought a dinning room set that came with a hutch when we first moved into our house. We have outgrown the table but still use the china cabinet. Except I no longer like the color. It was a blond/pink looking color that matched our cabinets, and we're planing on painting those soon.



 I painted the hutch white then added a brown glaze so that fingerprints (we do have a lot of those)don't show up as well as it would on stark white.


Here's what it looked like before.


In the pictures it doesn't look like a big change but in real life it's huge.


Here's what this side of the kitchen looked like last year.


If you want to see my kitchen when I first started blogging you can check it out here.



I like the new arrangement on top but I'm not quite happy with how everything is arranged inside. I'll be shopping garage sales and be on the lookout for things in this spot.


I'm really happy with how this turned out, I think the cabinets are next!



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out perfectly! I think I'm in love with your kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely!! I love the pops of aqua...especially that cool lunch box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from The Pin Junkie Party. What a difference - looks beautiful. I'm loving your large dining table - it speaks "lets gather here". Love the spools hanging on the wall and the bowl of wooden ones!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We have Ten kids that gather around this table daily.

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous piece, thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really gave me some ideas and thoughts to consider in improving my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete