Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Girl's Vintage Room

 I want to share the next room that we decorated at my sister's house . We've been working all summer long gathering things for her house, so we've had our eyes out for anything that would go in her house. I'm so glad it was summertime so that we could  shop our favorite places (garage sales and flea markets).



My sister really had her heart set on having two twin sized trundle beds for this room. The amazing thing is we found a set on Craigslist that same week, they were from Pottery Barn and in really good condition!  


  We had a lot of fun  projects for this room. We made the  bench out of dinning room chairs and the three frames with chicken wire came from a dinning room hutch!




I went to visit my aunt one day thinking she might have some framed art she wanted to sell and instead found they had thrown their old dinning room hutch out to the burn pile. When I saw the doors on the hutch I immediately thought that they could be re-purposed for something(the rest had been ruined by rain). I didn't quite know right then what I would use them for but by brainstorming with Emily we came up with the idea to use three of them as a way for the girls to display some of their stuff. We personalized it for them!


 I got the the desk at an auction and painted it, we got the chair later and did just a light brushing of the same color paint. I found the cork board at a yard sale and painted the molding to match the desk. (I loved the color and thickness of the cork). The shelf also came from a yard sale and got a paint job. Are you seeing a pattern here?


Here's the other side of the room. I didn't take a complete shot of the  shelf because the bins were filled with socks and other stuff and I didn't feel like organizing. I got the shelf at a yard sale and painted and distressed it.


Emily came up with the idea to use the lid from an old ammunition crate as a shelf. If you missed our last post you can see what we did with the crate here.
 

This is the view you get when you walk into the room. They have their own bathroom which  is to the left of the hangers.


 Here's a close up of one of the pictures hanging above  the beds. It was hard finding just the right wall art to go over the beds. We looked everywhere. We bought something from Target but ended up taking them back because it just didn't go. Then we decided to make some pallet board art. They were the last items made for the room and I think they add just the touch we were looking for. Click here if you want to see more of Emily's pallet wood signs, or here to see how to make one.


The only thing this room still needs is a rug and we haven't come across one that we like yet. We were thinking a round rug would look nice.





Pin It

21 comments:

  1. I adore this. The bird pictures are so cool!

    Thanks for linking up to the Twirl and Take a Bow Party. We plan on partying every Tuesday. Hope you can visit us again!

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. a cute room redo! i am absolutely in love with your pallet art bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all turned out adorable! Love the room details. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  4. What paint color is in this room? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Room color is very nice. All room products is good

    ReplyDelete