Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY Ruffled Crib Skirt And Wall Art

I am getting ready for our baby and it's fun to have something new even if it is our tenth. I was really getting tired of the bed skirt I had. It was kind of short and I could always see the stuff that got stored under the crib(box of diapers, clothes or toys ). I decided I would make my own skirt out of my old king sized sheets.



I started out by using an old crib skirt I didn't need anymore. That gave me the material I would need for under the mattress. I cut off all four sides of the skirt but probably only needed two of them cut off since I only made ruffles only for the two sides that were visible. I cut wide strips out of my king sized sheet, making enough for three ruffles on each side.


It took me a while to put it together since I don't sew that often. At the end I decided I would only put two ruffles on the front, but this morning I thought it over and added the other ruffle on. It was bothering me that both sides weren't the same. So glad I took the extra time to do it right!




Here's the new wall art I came up with. I added burlap to the mat and used scrapbook paper and some fabric for the inside. I glued it all in with Elmer's glue. I also painted the frame off white. Julia recently  re-did some frames for her room you can see here.



Now I have a nice new space for our little one at no cost!




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous- great job! And 10... holy cow!! You are a saint! I thought about having more kids but I am definitely done with 2. If I change my mind when P and S get older, we can adopt. lol

    Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party. I will be featuring this tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruffled skirt! If I ever have any girls, I'll be trying one of those! It's perfect for a little girl's crib : )

    ReplyDelete