I am getting ready for our baby and it's fun to have something new even if it is our tenth. I was really getting tired of the bed skirt I had. It was kind of short and I could always see the stuff that got stored under the crib(box of diapers, clothes or toys ). I decided I would make my own skirt out of my old king sized sheets.
I started out by using an old crib skirt I didn't need anymore. That gave me the material I would need for under the mattress. I cut off all four sides of the skirt but probably only needed two of them cut off since I only made ruffles only for the two sides that were visible. I cut wide strips out of my king sized sheet, making enough for three ruffles on each side.
It took me a while to put it together since I don't sew that often. At the end I decided I would only put two ruffles on the front, but this morning I thought it over and added the other ruffle on. It was bothering me that both sides weren't the same. So glad I took the extra time to do it right!
Here's the new wall art I came up with. I added burlap to the mat and used scrapbook paper and some fabric for the inside. I glued it all in with Elmer's glue. I also painted the frame off white. Julia recently re-did some frames for her room you can see here.
Now I have a nice new space for our little one at no cost!