I'll show you the after first, because the before is not pretty
Here she is, not a pretty sight. She was dusty, grimy and stinky. I wiped it down, then sanded.
I added the white piece of wood so that all the sides would match up.
To close up the spot for the sewing machine, I screwed two boards to the underside.
I primed it inside and out with Kilz primer to eliminate the odor. I used some paint I had left over from painting one of the rooms. It got two coats of paint.
I cut out some pallet wood (that had already been sanded) to the size of the table and stained the boards. Then I pre-drilled holes to secure the boards down.
The decorative hardware got some oil rubbed bronze spray paint.
I found this cute camera at a yard sale this past summer. It was just two dollars! It took us a while to figure out it opens like this.
We sanded it down on all the corners, edges, and in some spots that would naturally get worn to give it a little character.
Emily bought this typewriter for $1, also at a yard sale!
Link up at: http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/