I have a new project I've been working on lately and I've been using a lot of the stuff I have stored away in my basement. I am redoing one of my kids rooms trying to make room for our next baby that will be due in April. We had a bunk bed in this room previously. No one wanted to sleep on the top bunk, and I felt uncomfortable letting the little one up there. So we're starting from scratch and re-doing the whole room for two of the girls. I want to show each of the projects individually and then the whole room when it's complete.
I found three drawers from a sewing cabinet at a resale shop I visit often. Whoever bought the sewing desk didn't want the drawers, so I got them for 5 dollars. I didn't know where I would put them but I thought they were cute and they definitely had potential. Here's what they looked like before:
I tried homemade chalk paint for the first time. I used the recipe I found at Elizabeth and Co. It was easy to follow and worked well for me. I used some paint that I got for free at Ace hardware.
I got them on the wall by drilling two holes horizontally for each drawer. To fill up the shelves I went downstairs to my stash of stuff I have collected from yard sales!
Since I liked how the chalk paint turned out I also painted an antique dresser I found late this fall at a yard sale. Hope you like this, see ya soon.