Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY Nautical Wall Decor

We have been super busy this summer. My aunt and uncle asked us to decorate their new house, so we have been doing a lot of different projects. I think doing it yourself has a lot of benefits, the first one being is you get a one of a kind piece that fits the spot perfectly.
The first room we did was a nautical themed boy's room. This room was a lot of fun! We found some scrap pieces of plywood that were circles sitting around in their basement. My mom thought they had potential so we took them home and came up with an idea to make wall decor for the boy's room.





Here's all five, I did each one different. I loved how they turned out!


 Here's the supplies we used: Round pieces of plywood(we had five), acrylic paint, paint brushes. rope, hot glue and a home made potato stamp.


I primed the circles first,so that when I sanded them a bit the white showed through. I did this anchor free hand.


I used the potato stamp on this one. To give them some dimension I used stain on the outer edges.



A little coat hook got stamped with my home made potato stamp.


This brown one got an anchor painted on it ( it was the only one that was that color),but you could easily stain it to get that look.


I added some rope using hot glue to finish them off, the knot just completes the look .
 

I'll have to take pictures in the room soon to show you how they look on the wall.





Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love this nautical wall art, especially the anchors!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Fabulous job!
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love the rope around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How adorable. Cant wait to see the whole room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nifty theme you've got going on there. Maybe you can push it further, and add in, say, wall posters of mythological creatures and whatnot. I mean, there's a lot of places you can go with this theme, so happy sailing!

    Nancy @ Quint Essence Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great idea, it's a great wall decor to try out. I'd like to try this on our upcoming Nautical Party soon... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete